Happy Deepavali

This time deepavali was special for me as this one being my first deepavali after my marriage and first time am celebrating the festival outside India.

I had really no clue how we are going to celebrate the festival here in Bristol. On Sunday, sharath's friend called us and asked us to join on the festival day. It kind of excited me. If i was in India it wudn't have mattered whether i celebrated deepavali by firing crackers or not. But here it kind of mattered to me i guess that's becoz i feel i am close to my home and not missing anything being so far away.
I enjoyed my deepavali here. Had enough crackers to blast, friends to enjoy and food to eat. Food.....for the first time i cooked food for around 8 to 10 people ofcourse with the help of my sweet husband... and again ofcourse he has to help me becoz i was cooking for his frnds only!!!! ;)
Last but not the least, the pleasant surprise from my dad. He wrote a ashu kavithe ( an instantaneous poem written on the spot) for both of us to wish on this deepavali.. ;-)
I myself didnt know that he writes poem... really a big surprise for me. I have attached the poem here... very thoughtful poem. Thank you Appa ;) Very sweet of you.

ನನ್ನ ನಲ್ಮೆಯ ಮಗಳು ಮತ್ತು ನೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಅಳಿಯನಿಗಾಗಿ,

ಈ ದೀಪಾವಳಿ ತರಲಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಬಾಳಲಿ ಹರುಷದ ಹೊಳೆಯನು;

ಅನುದಿನವು ಬೆಳಗಲಿ ಜ್ಞಾನ ಜ್ಯೋತಿಯು ನಿಮ್ಮೊಳಗೆ ನೀವು ಒಬ್ಬರನ್ನು ಒಬ್ಬರು ಅರಿಯಲು ;

ಅದರಿಂ ಆಗುವುದು ನಿಮ್ ಸಂಸಾರ ಒಂದು ಆನಂದ ಸಾಗರ ;

ನೆಮ್ಮದಿಯ ದಡ ಸೇರಲು ಇದುವೇ ಆದರ.................

Have posted few pics of our celebrations here... have a look at it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FINDING AND KEEPING A LIFE PARTNER

Unity In Diversity

Life Updates -2